Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kate & Jared's Engagement Session

Kate and Jared are such a great couple - completely and contagiously in love with one another! I fell in love with them during our initial meeting and am really excited to be shooting their wedding next year. I met them at Cold Spring Harbor park on Saturday to shoot their engagement session, the weather was a bit chilly but the cloud cover made for excellent light and we were able to get some great shots together.

I process all my images in Adobe's Lightroom and have managed to concoct a kind of washed out, 1970s, faded, pinkish, bluish tone that I like to apply to some of the images...

And a cool sepia tone as well..


It's a great time to shoot on Long Island right now. The lingering summer we had means that the leaves are only recently turning, creating beautiful, warm toned backgrounds..




Thank you Jared and Kate for indulging me with my off beat creativity! There is a beautiful willow tree at the park with flowing leaves and wispy branches and I wanted to shoot a few shots peaking through the leaves..


This is one of my favorite shots - a little abstract perhaps but quite nice as a ring shot.


Quite often, the best images from a session are the spontaneous candids we do, usually toward the end of the shoot when everyone is loosened up and comfortable being in front of the camera. Although Kate and Jared were pretty comfortable from the get go, I really like this 'piggy back' image we did at the end of the shoot..

Thanks Jared and Kate - I had a great time shooting you guys and can't wait for the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment