Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jeannemarie & Jim's Wedding

Children are always fun at weddings~ they are unpredictable, uninhibited and usually very cute! Sometimes parents tend to give them misinformation about photographers though as I found out when I got to Jeannemarie's house. I have no idea what this little guy thought about me but if he had a shovel he would have dug himself to China!



My excellent parenting skills soon came into play though and before long we were best buddies..



Sometimes my favorite images are those that go a little awry like shooting with available light on a slowish shutter speed. I like the fact that Jeannemarie's dress and necklace are quite sharp while the busy motion around her is all a blur..





Jeannemarie looking quite beautiful and taking in her fully dressed loveliness for the first time..





This is another one of my favorite images of the year; Jeannemarie's bridesmaids were putting on her veil and I was jockeying for position when I looked up and saw a beautifully manicured hand adjusting the veil and a crucifix in the background. I couldn't have set this shot up better and I was able to grab just a couple of frames before the operation was complete! In my opinion, the negative space is just as important as the sparse elements of the image..



On to the church! I'm not sure exactly what this sign says but I know it is a part of Jim's Korean heritage for guests to sign in at the church.



If I'm shooting a wedding alone like this one, I usually position myself about halfway down the aisle ~ that way I can get the bride walking down the aisle with her father and then do a quick turn, shoot the bride from behind before framing the groom between bride and father. And it all happens in about 8 seconds!! Jim's expression is priceless in this next image as he sees Jeannemarie for the first time as his bride..





After the ceremony, we headed down to a beautiful park in Brightwaters on the south shore to shoot some formal photos. The light was perfect!





The reception was held at Captain Bill's in Bayshore. We have shot here a few times and it is a great venue - on the water with great views!



Two groomsmen pinch hitting for a quick bride and groom photo at the head table.



..and the real bride and groom this time out on the deck with the marina in the background..


Yes, there is no denying the fact I love flair and backlighting! When the sun is setting, I'll do anything I can to get it in the background - the mood it creates is unlike any other..





A view of Captain Bill's vast room from the upstairs balcony..



And a bit of break dancing to end the evening!



Jeannemarie and Jim, thank you for letting me share your wedding day with you - it could not have been better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment