Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Michaela & Dan's Wedding

Wedding photography is, for the most part, a fun job. Our subjects are impeccably dressed and looking their very best, every one is in high spirits and we get to attend a really fun party at the end of the day.... every week. Therefore, I don't usually like to say one wedding was better than any other because they are all so uniquely wonderful and individually special. However, I broke my mantra at Michaela and Dan's wedding by telling them both it was one of my favorite weddings in recent memory and now it's in writing so they know I'm not just blowing smoke.
I tried to narrow the reception photos down for the end of this blog post but gave up and in the end just made a couple of party collages of the guests having a great time.

Meanwhile, when I arrived at Michaela's father's house, I was greeted at the door by the lovely Kelsey - notice my reflection in the door (oops)!

Photobucket

Michaela making her appearance in pre-wedding dress attire...

Photobucket

..and the dress goes on with the help of 2 aunts and 3 bridesmaids!

Photobucket

A job well done and worthy of a high five!!

Photobucket

Beautiful Maid of Honor, Cailinn having her hair sprayed by Kelsey..

Photobucket

..and off for some portraits..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Michaela was on top of things and ready way ahead of schedule which was great for me as I was able to take my time and try a few different locations. This window allowed for some great soft, natural light portraiture..

Photobucket

..while dad looks on..

Photobucket

Maid of Honor - Cailinn..

Photobucket

and bridesmaid Kelsey..

Photobucket

When I shoot a wedding solo like this one, I usually like to position myself half way down the aisle so I can not only photograph the bride and her father make an entrance but then follow them for the groom's reaction. However, it also allows me to get interesting photographs like this one of Michaela's aunts telling Cailinn to SLOW DOWN!!

Photobucket

...first sight of his beautiful bride...

Photobucket

...and first kiss..

Photobucket

One big happy family - all the siblings..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dan's sister Ella watches her newly wed brother with mom in the background..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we were done with the bridal party, the girls wanted to do some fun, quirky photographs so we staged an impromptu Charlie's Angels..

Photobucket

..and a Sex and the City, or something!! I don't know, it just reminds me of that show for some reason - anyhow I love this photo!

Photobucket

Cheers!!

Photobucket

Lot's of lovely details..

Photobucket

..and Michaela's aunts with her grandmother..

Photobucket

OK, here we go! As I mentioned at the top of the post, this was a party like no other. Music was supplied by Anthony and Jamie of Rantin & Raven Entertainment , enjoy the revelry!

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the Father Daughter dance caps it off nicely..

Photobucket

Michaela and Dan, you know I had a great time at your wedding, thanks for providing me with so many wonderful photo ops!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! I can't wait to see them all. Thanks!
    -Ella

    ReplyDelete