Friday, September 28, 2007

Katrina & Michael's Engagement Session

We're really quite excited to be shooting Katrina & Michael's wedding in October - not only are they extremely photogenic and fun to be around, but we shot Michael's sister Rachel's wedding about 9 years ago. In fact that was one of our first professional wedding shoots and to this day we owe a huge thank you to Rachel for putting so much trust in us and helping us on our road to success!

Michael proposed to Katrina at Robert Moses beach on Long Island's south shore and so we made the trip down there a couple of weeks ago to shoot this engagement session.

portrait7.jpg

I couldn't resist shooting a portrait of Katrina on the beach!

blog51.jpg

Katrina and Michael pose in front of the Fire Island Lighthouse..

blog6.jpg

and get a bit more intimate! I kind of like the look of this photograph - it has a nice mood and the 'antique' processing adds a nice touch.

I have been experimenting quite a lot recently with my newly purchased 'tilt-shift' lens. This lens has the ability to throw certain portions of an image completely out of focus while, at the same time, rendering other areas very sharp. I love the artistic opportunities this lens allows and I slapped it on my camera for a few shots at the end. Here's one of my favorites..

blog14.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment